Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Big American Shopping List

Before I begin the list, let me note that the conversion rate from euro to dollar is pretty horrendous. It has been getting worse every day since I arrived, meaning that my rent goes up about $10 per month. The rate is now somewhere around 1 euro = $1.60. Hence, all the ridiculous shit I need to buy from home (I've included the price change in parenthesis so you can see what I mean).

Things To Buy (price in Berlin noted- to be continued)
ROOT BEER (non-existent)
Tortillas (5 euro =$7.50 for 5 flour tortillas in Berlin- corn tortillas non-existent)
Refried Beans (vegetarian / canned) (non-existent)
Bottles of Tylenol / Ibuprofen (9 euro = $12 for 18 caplets)
Sammy hair gel (non-existent)
Biore strips / face wash (non-existent)
New shoes: boots, sneaks (50 euro - 80 euro = $75 - $120)
Socks (4 euro per pair = $6.00)
American to European Adapter (Carlos needs it for his "gear")
Shower Rod (it's like $45 here! Dude!)

Things to Bring
Carlos's XLR Cables (Brandon has these)
My backpack
Tape measure
Carlos's rice cooker

Things I Need To Do
-Get a hair cut (30 euro here = $45 although the real issue isn't money but explaining to the hair dresser what I want. Carlos thinks this is silly and that I should just get "the Berlinette" cut:)

-Get a new copy of my Driver's License (mine is wrinkled and bent from stuffing it in my pocket all the time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment