Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Missing You

It's been almost a month and it's started to sink in that I'm not going home. I've been thinking about some of the people I miss already. You know who you are. We found an apartment but the deposit / first month's rent is going to make quite a dent in my savings. It's really big, though, and there's a 3rd room so Carlitos can have his music studio. I found out that the class I was planning to take at the VHS won't cut it for a student visa. They say it's not enough hours even though it's the same number of hours as any other language school. I'm confused. I think they're just saying that if I'm going to stay here I need to be putting enough money into the German economy. I'm going to start health insurance next month. I decided to go with general care and long-term care, but am not sure about dental. I need dental work done. I have 3 fillings left to be filled. Miguel said if I need some extra cash and can't find anything else he'd consider offering me some p/t work for Tigerbeat6. That sounds awesome, and like something I could do. Every day I wake up to a white and gray sky barely shedding light through the window. There are spiraling naked ivy branches infectiously spread across the wall blocking my view. I wonder if anyone ever trims them and if they'll grow green in the spring. I look at the clock to see it's 2 pm, and that I've slept half the day off. I take a bath and read Goethe and wonder about the ways I'm related to young Werther, the lost romantic, the aimless artist, the child-like poet. I drink coffee with Milka chocolate in it for breakfast because I don't want to spend $4.50 on a half-carton of eggs that won't taste good without salt anyway. I start to wonder how my friends in America are spending their morning. And then I realize they're all asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment